Saturday, March 11, 2006

Spring is almost here!

Everett was 7 months old on March 9, 2006. He's had some major milestones since 6 months. The week of February 27, he really began to sit up on his own. It's so much fun to have him be able to sit up and reach for toys around him. He's getting a little more independent every day.

Then on March 6, I noticed his first tooth coming in. I could feel it but not really see it, mainly because he will not open his mouth or move his tounge. It's his bottom left tooth. It's taking it's time coming in, but it's definitely there. It hasn't seemed to affect him too much, but it's funny that his first teething session is coming right as we're about to travel to California.

We leave on Wednesday to travel to San Jose to visit my sister and her husband and 3 kids. We can't wait to see them all. We are going to be with them in the San Jose area until Sunday and then Allen and I are going to head into San Francisco for a few days to celebrate our 2nd anniversary, which is March 20! It seems to me that we've been married more than just 2 years. It's definitely been a great time together. We return from San Jose on March 21. We're really praying that Everett will do well on the flights and that we'll all be able to somewhat adjust to the time change while we're there.

The warmer weather we've had lately has really lifted my spirits and I'm just feeling wonderful. Everett has gotten so big that he's grown out of all of his winter clothes. Some of them I can't even snap. I've been going to consignment sales like crazy to get him ready for spring. He has the cutest spring/summer outfits now and I can't wait to try them all out. I took the picture above on his 7 month birthday. He's in the double stroller with Grace, the little girl I babysit for twice a week. It was a beautiful day!

Having this trip to look forward to has really be fun too. I'm also going to a Women's Retreat with our church to Amicalola Falls the last weekend in March. I'm really looking forward to it. Allen's softball games start Tuesday and into Spring we go...

No comments: