Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving

We had a great time at Thanksgiving in Augusta. We went to Allen's grandmother's house for lunch with about 35 of his relatives. It's a big group! The day after Thanksgiving Allen and his sister's finace, Michael, left for Michael's bachelor weekend. They went caving and rock climbing and saw the new 007 movie! The day after Thanksgiving Allen's mom (Deb), his sister (Lindsay) and I all went shopping at 7am! We had an adventure of our own, a more girlie adventure though. We found some good deals at Target and at the mall. It was a lot of fun. Then on Saturday we had a family wedding shower for Lindsay. Afterwards Everett and I drove back to Atlanta to meet up with Allen.

On Sunday we started hanging up our Christmas decorations and more than half of our lights weren't working. Major frustration. Today I went to Target to buy more and one of the strands I bought wasn't working. More frustration. Needless to say, the house is looking good and we're planning to get our Christmas tree tonight. Hopefully this will make it feel more like Christmas because right now I'm not really into it. Could be because it's still November?

Christmas is getting more and more rushed each year. What's up with that? While Allen was stringing up the lights on our trees outside he said, "I'm only doing this for Jesus." It was funny, but it did make me wonder why we really do all of this. I picked up our Advent devotional from Church on Sunday and hopefully Allen and I can go through it together so it can give us some perspective.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was thinking about the purpose behind decorating too recently... interesting to think about. (maybe a post for me) you'll be glad you're done... and we'll think it's so pretty when we come!