Monday, November 03, 2008

keeping track of life


How do you keep up with all of the things you have going on? I keep everything in a little pocket weekly planner, day timer, which I always have in my purse. I am a snob about it...it must be an actual "Day Timer", not a day runner or a day tracker or a day whatever. I LOVE IT! You keep track of your whole week on just one page, there are these little tear off corners which make it easy to keep track of what week you're on, and the planner is slim and tiny and hardly takes up any room in my purse. There have been a few panic-stricken times that I thought I had lost it but I luckily have never actually have. I have had one every year since 1998, when I was first introduced to them by my friend, Mia. It's funny to look back on the old ones and see what I had going on. It's also a great place for me to keep track of my kid's milestones. Allen's tried to convince me lately to use Google calendar, but the thing is, I don't have Google Calendar with me when I'm at playgroup or at the park, etc. I guess if I had a blackberry, that would work, but since I don't, I'll keep my day timer for now. It works for me and for our family.

Yeah for my 100th post...if you're keeping track. :)

2 comments:

Brea said...

I used to use the same kind, but now I keep my calendar on my computer. There are times when I wish I could have it with me, but for the most part, it seems that I schedule everything over e-mail now, so it's working pretty well for me.

Layna said...

Okay first of all, I'm totally impressed with all the recent blogs! You're back in action!

I have a home management journal and thats where I keep my calendar (printed from a website) which I also use for bill keeping & special days, then I have dividers for categories like my running to-do list, home projects, address book, holiday stuff like christmas lists, and miscellaneous... Can't take it with me, but I can check it each day and it keeps me sane!