Tuesday, June 01, 2010

This one's for Gillian

One of my friends happened to click on my blog today and I got reprimanded for not having posted in almost a year.

I guess I've been busy raising two kids and being preggo with #3. Plus, Facebook has become an easier venue for me to share thoughts and photos than the blog world. But I know my hundreds of blog friends have been so sad without me...so here's a little something:

We went on a vacation with just our little family for the first time ever two weeks ago. We went to Seagrove Beach, near Destin, FL. It was such a nice time. Allen's been traveling a lot for work so it was fabulous to have a few dedicated days to ourselves. Plus, our children wake up at the crack of dawn, which can be a problem when traveling with families whose children sleep in until 10am. What is that??? So, we were out at the beach by 8am most mornings and although our kids did miss having playmates at times, I think we all bonded and became closer. A great first family vacation.

Here are a few photos:










































































I'm really looking forward to this summer...going to the pool, a few other small vacations, having time to lay low with the kids. All before baby #3 arrives in October!!!



2 comments:

katie said...

we like your blog...and your kids.
xoxo.

Christy said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! We have been lonely without you.

Adorable pictures! Sounds like a lovely trip.

I wish you lived next door ... Elsbeth has been getting up before 6 and I could use some 8am playmates. :-)